Thursday, 18 July 2013

The Enchanted Wood

Now that I am all charged up following my location portraiture course I duly booked a session with Fruit Salad, one of my favourite models.

It is always important to play in order to gain experience and to create the wow images which you would not be able to take with a paying client. Creativity needs to be FUN!!



We decided on an enchanted wood theme as Fruity had multi-coloured hair and some suitable accessories and always loves this style of shoot.

So the kit was packed and I wended my way around the M25 to Cockfosters and Trent Park. The location was brilliant giving a great deal of variety including a fantastic meadow full of spring flowers.

I utilised the natural light in the woods with careful placement of the model to give a good subtraction and direction to that light. The meadow photos took advantage of full sunlight, creating saturated colours,  giving a real feel of summer to the images.

I also wanted to try out my new 50mm lens which has a shallow depth of field (zone of focus) that can be utilised to great effect to throw the background out of focus.




All in all a very successful day's shoot, I now need to organise a follow up shoot in order to perfect using flash on location. The next skill that I need to hone to perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment