Monday, 28 October 2013

One day training workshop held at RHS Wisley



I have just spent a day with my good friend Tracey who is starting out in business and required a training workshop in the use of her new digital camera. She specialises in Landscape Garden design and needs to get some really good imagery of her work in order to promote herself on her website, which is currently under construction.

We met at RHS Wisley and first indulged in a coffee and a chat. I needed to know what Tracey wanted from the day, so went through her objectives. I also asked to see her camera and noticed that it was set on full auto. I promised that this setting would be changed immediately and that she would never use it again.

On into the gardens and as promised Tracey was soon using her camera on aperture priority, dialing in exposure compensation to get the exact look required. As the rain started we beat a hasty retreat into the glasshouse and spent the next couple of hours taking lots of detail shots. I then introduced Tracey to shutter priority mode to demonstrate how to blur moving water to produce more dynamic images.

After exhausting the possibilities inside we ventured out and took advantage of the autumn colours to capture some stunning images. The acer tree behind the japanese pagoda was particularly effective.

The day concluded with another coffee and a debriefing session. I really enjoyed this day. I am now thinking that this could become part of my business model as there is always something very satisfying about giving something back and sharing your knowledge and experience with others.

It also gave me the chance to actually take some photos for pleasure, something that I have been lacking in recently as I have been so busy concentrating on my photography business.

If anybody has a need for some one to one training then please contact me on 07876 312068 or through the contact form on the website.

http://www.andrewboschierphotography.co.uk


 





No comments:

Post a Comment