This is what will enable me to be a better photographer and perhaps is a lesson for us all. Challenging yourself is the best way to improve, think of a personal project and get out and shoot it. The results will be definitely worth while.
For this shoot I have set the goal to produce high quality black and white architectural style shots of the City of London with a view to being a little more creative, looking at unusual viewpoints and to heighten my appreciation for graphic shapes.
Black and white is the ideal medium for this, as it strips out the emotion in an image that colour gives and focuses the mind on shape, line and form. I believe that you need to go out with the mindset that it is going to be a monochrome shoot and that it does not usually work if you think "I will see what that is like in black and white".
I was really pleased with the results and was pleasantly suprised that I was not bothered by any jobsworth security officials, Sunday is the way to go for photography in London as the security are too lazy to get off their bottoms, whilst no company people are about.

No comments:
Post a Comment